Location Testing with Accuplacer-About the Test
Accuplacer results helps pupils to select accordingly whenever registering for classes. Pupils who possess graduated senior high school with a 2.7 GPA or maybe more from inside the past 10 years need not just take the English sections regarding the Accuplacer. Pupils that have finished school that is high a 2.7 GPA or maybe more from in the previous 36 months need not just take the mathematics chapters of the Accuplacer. Submit your transcripts towards the Admissions office and talk to a consultant about which test parts you might have to take.
Concerning the Test
The placement test is delivered via computer making use of Accuplacer, supplied by university Board.
On Test Day:
- Intend on testing about 2 hours. The size of the session will differ for every pupil.
- An image I.D. is necessary prior to the test may be administered with no meals, beverages, gadgets, or other individual products are allowed within the assessment space.
- Relatives and buddies may perhaps maybe not come with pupils in to the screening space. Anyone not testing, including moms and dads and kids, will never be allowed in testing areas. To get more information review our guest/visitor policies.
- exact Same retests are not allowed day. For information on MWCC’s retest policy please relate to the College Catalog.
The test is divided in to 2 English parts and 1-2 mathematics parts. For home elevators exactly what your positioning scores mean, here please check.
Campuses & Scheduling
Position screening can be obtained during the Gardner, Leominster, and Devens campuses. Pupils testing for MWCC will need to have been already accepted to your university. Phone ahead if evaluation for the school that is different.
- Walk–In testing: Monday-Friday 8:30am–1:00pm and also Tuesdays at 5:00pm.
- By visit evaluating: for, appointments are available for Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm, and Thursdays at 1:00pm august. Starting in appointments are available for Mondays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays at 1:00pm and 4:00pm, and Fridays at 9am september. Phone 978-630-9813 or 978-630-9812 to schedule.
- By visit screening: for, appointments are available for Thursday mornings at 9am august. Beginning in September, appointments are offered for Wednesday mornings at 9:00am. Use the Testing Appointment Calendar or call 978-630-9569 to schedule.
Finding your way through the Test
Pupils should review research materials ahead of assessment. Sign up for College Board’s student portal right right here: Accuplacer scholar Portal. This web site includes the features that are following
- Practice Resources, such as for instance research guides and test tests that assistance you have the kinds of concerns become expected on test time
- Rating Report, makes it possible for one to access your scores online
- Test Center Locator, which allows you to look for a screening location near to house (if you undertake to check at another educational college, please give us a call for further instruction ahead of screening)
You could print out of the scholarly research guides right here:
(Note: Accuplacer phone apps aren’t developed by university Board as they are not advised for usage.)
Sign up for A smart that is mandatory start once you’ve finished the positioning test. At SMART Start you shall find out about your test ratings, program positioning, and course routine.
Note: Students in Dual Enrollment, Gateway, and Pathways programs do not go to SMART begin.
Asking for ratings from MWCC Test ratings won’t be provided to anybody apart from the test that is actual without written permission through the test taker.
- Them sent someplace else, you could deliver a contact from your own MWCC account to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request your ratings, or have actually. Add your title, MWCC ID # (or date of delivery), your contact number, approximate test times, the name for the recipient/institution, while the target, e-mail, or fax where they must be sent.
- In place of utilizing an MWCC e-mail account, you could complete and signal the Accuplacer rating Request form and fax to 978-630-9278 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com.
- Ratings are often released by request from a designee (such as for example a moms and dad or partner) noted on a FERPA (FamilyEducationalRighttoPrivacyAct) waiver kind. The records office at 978-630-9106 if you have not completed a form and would like to, or want to make changes, contact.
Sending Scores to MWCC from Another School If you took Accuplacer at a unique college and would really like for MWCC to truly have the ratings, you have to contact one other college to request the score report be sent straight to Testing Services at MWCC.
- Rating reports will simply be accepted if sent right to MWCC Testing Services from one other college. Ratings aren’t legitimate if significantly more than three years old. You ought to talk about an Advisor to your scores.
- Schools may send Accuplacer score states evolutionwriters to Testing Services by fax: 978-630-9278 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooms for Students with Disabilities
To request reasonable rooms for assessment, please contact pupil Services at 978-630-9855 just before scheduling the test.
MWCC can use your test outcomes for information collection and analytical analysis associated to analyze. Your name will never be contained in any extensive research task.